Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Trying To Soar

I've heard writers talk about how hard it is to send your writing out there into the unknown world of magazines, newspapers, and book publishing. Several have compared it to sending their babies to Kindergarten. As we decided to homeschool our children when our first was just two and half years old, I don't have the experience to compare to that analogy.

Today, I submitted my first story to True Experience. I have submitted a couple of stories to it sister publications without any success. I am taking a class "Airing Dirty Laundry" by Marilyn Puett through Heart of Dixie RWA. Using the information gained so far, this weekend I rewrote and edited a story for the submission call by True Romance and True Experience for fall stories.

Thanks to my class, I have more confidence that my writing will have a better chance at publication. But it's still hard letting my baby fly.

Reaching for the stars,

Leann

No comments:

Post a Comment