Monday, November 30, 2009

Great Thanksgiving Weekend

We live a long way away from our extended family. I haven’t been “home” for Thanksgiving since my pregnancy with my first child that was thirteen years ago. My children get really upset when I refer to my childhood home as home. They are all native Tennesseans.

Friends invited us over for a great meal and fellowship. The kids had a great time playing with friends. I ate too much as usual, but I don’t think I was anywhere near the average American. According to the national news, they broadcasted a statistic a few days before Thanksgiving. The average American eats 4500 calories on Thanksgiving day. WOW! I hope I didn’t eat that much.

Black Friday - I didn’t feel real good, too much sugar, I suspect. I got a late start. I just don’t understand the fun of joining hundreds maybe thousands of others shoving and waiting for a few dollars off. Now, that said, I did hit the tail end of the sale time (arrival time 10:30am) hoping to pick up some deals. I found some and was very happy. I was amazed at how much was still available at the cut off time and later at several stores I attended. I will confess that I didn’t make it into the mall. I drove around it for ten or fifteen minutes fighting traffic and gave up. I was good, no budget busters in my cart this year. Finish my planned Christmas shopping about two then began my grocery shopping and was home before dark. Yah!!!

Saturday was a planned day of rest. But it turned out so gorgeous, we just had to go to the park to play. The picture at the top of this entry is my children at Percy Warner Park in Nashville, TN. Words do not do the day justice. Arrived home contented.

Awoke Sunday morning to a bright sunshiny day, I made plans to work in my garden. Before I could make it outside, the clouds and drizzle arrived. I didn’t let it hamper my desire so I raked up pine needles for the pathways between my raised garden beds. It made me feel like I had accomplished something. Tomorrow, however, I am not sure I am going to be able to move.

Hope you had a great holiday weekend.

Blessings,


Leann Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment