Friday, September 10, 2010

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks Book Review

Last spring during my mother's biannual visit, she gave me the book to read. I have read Mr. Sparks' previous title, A Walk to Remember, and I listened to his story, The Choice on audio book. My husband and I have also seen the movie Message in a Bottle.

So I knew enough to know what I was walking into a very emotional story. It's one of the reasons why the book stayed in my to-be-read pile. It was finally time. I didn't find this book as emotionally wrenching as A Walk to Remember probably due to the fact I struggle to connect with the main character, John. By the middle of the book, I was curious and interested in the story line. The twist in the book is a surprise I didn't see coming. No spoilers, just in case you're like me and running behind on your reading list. Well written and a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment