Friday, September 3, 2010

Ice Cold, A book Review















During our recent vacation to visit family in Michigan, my husband watched cable with his widowed, elderly mother. He saw an advertisment for a new series that started in July on TNT. By the ads, I'm sure you guessed it, Rizzoli & Isles. Unfortunely, at this time we have choosen not to have satellite or cable. In July, we tried to watch it at TNT.tv and it wasn't available.

So, I put the book series on my to-read list. Unfornately, I didn't do my homework well. I started with Ice Cold, the latest in the series. Late last night or early this morning depending on your defination of four a.m., I finished Ice Cold. It is a fast paced enjoyable read of a horrific crime mystery. Maura Isles leaves her Boston home to travel to a medical conference. She becomes missing, dead, missing again and a fugitive to an exciting climax. Even reading this book out of series order, I never felt confused by references to previous cases (books). Check out Ice Cold, if you like murder mysteries.

In my research for this blog entry, I checked out TNT's website about the series. At this time, they have the first episodes of Rizzoli & Isles available to watch on line at their website http://www.tnt.tv/series/rizzoliandisles/ . They have games and an online story available, as well. According to several websites, TNT has also pickup the series for an additional thirteen episodes. We will definately be checking out the TV series soon.

Enjoy,

Leann Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment