Friday, October 22, 2010

My Son-In-Law Is Older Than I Am!

Brides (1-year auto-renewal)



Fifty percent of all marriages will fail. This is one of the biggest decisions we will ever make. It effects every facet of our lives and reaches to the depths of our souls.

A friend recently became a mother-in-law against her wishes and another will be by the end of year. The two women are in different seasons with their children. One has a distant, remote relationship. The other is over involved in the relationship, pretending to support the couple. Neither are happy. Which right? Which will work? I don't know.

Where is that magic bullet? (I know I set it down somewhere. Probably beside the perfect weight magic bullet.) The bullet that guarantees the newlyweds success. The one that guarantees all the in-law (mothers, fathers, daughter, son) are happy.

In the above situations, there are legitimate concerns. One relationship is dealing with alcoholism and abuse in the past. In the second situation, I keep hearing my friend's cry, "My son-in-law is older than I am!"

There's just got to be a story in there somewhere.

Leann Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment